New exterior door

Users who are viewing this thread

Dokat

Reaction score
Folks

We have to replace our very old and hollow exterior door and screen door that was installed by the last owner. I am not a big fan of screen doors because you have to open two doors every time to go in or out

is there any new technology that combines the function of a screen door into the main exterior door and allows for air or sun to come through a few months in the year but at the same time allows you to close it off and seal it during the winter months. Hence it would be some sort of panels that would move up or down or be taken out with these and put back

We need either a 32x82 or we may plan to expand into the house and install a 36x82 because we have seen the refrigerator sizes we need need that width

Thx

Terry H

In the Trades
Reaction score
There are but I cannot think of the name or point you in the right direction. Give me a little bit.

Fitter30

Reaction score
Ive used both Larson and Anderson screen doors both top of the line Larson was custom size Anderson didn't offer custom size. Both top glass had a pull down screen and after opening the door the bottom closer has a foot button to hold it open ( very handy). If your new door has plastic trim and gets afternoon sun a storm door will melt the trim or at least distort it with the heat build up between the full glass and doors.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks