Need Well Pump Help

Users who are viewing this thread

reverendbiker

Reaction score
I have a good well In Central Texas that is used to provide water to my stock tank in times of drought. It uses a pump at 300' powered by a 220v generator when it is needed. I would like to convert to a solar pumping system using a Grundfos pump. My local well service company wants waaayyy more than my minister's salary can handle so I'd like to convert it myself. I'm confident working with solar panels and the wiring but know nothing about the well. Since I'm just replacing the AC pump with a DC Grundfos I'll assume that I can re-use the existing wiring, pipe and safety rope. Will there be more involved than hauling up the old pump and replacing it with the new one? Will one man be able to haul up 300' of water-filled pipe? Thanks in advance for any help you can offer.

Speedbump

Reaction score
I doubt one guy is going to haul up 300' of pipe full of water.

I'm not familiar with the Grundfos DC pumps so I can't comment on them. I do know that Solar is very expensive. I may be able to help you on the Pump price, since I do sell them, but I don't get into the Constant Pressure Pumps as I don't like them.

Don't use safety rope.

bob...

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks