Need to filter pump water...please help??

Users who are viewing this thread

dart451

Reaction score
Hello, I'm new to the forum and also new to wells and pressure tanks. I would like to install a fliter system for my well but don't know exactly how to go about it!? I have attached a drawing of my well setup and hope you can understand how it works. I would like to install a filter inside the wellhouse but don't know where to hook it up. As you can see by the drawing, I have water going to the house and garage before it hits the pressure tank. I'm kinda thinking that...due to the fact that the house/garage water delivery is prior to the pressure tank, I would have to use two filters, one at the garage and one at the house. Any help you can steer my way would be greatly appreciated! Thank you.

Attachments

• Project1small.jpg
    Project1small.jpg
    15.4 KB · Views: 209
R

Rancher

First tell us why you need (not want) to filter your well water.

Do you have an water anaylsis report you can share with us?

Rancher

dart451

Reaction score
Thanks for responding Rancher! Actually, the water tastes great! The problem I'm having is...the washing machine is getting what looks like lint in the filter screens from the water inlet. We've also noticed it in some of the faucet screens. We have to clean the washing machine screens about every month or two. It's not serious but kind of a pain...

R

Rancher

Need to figure out where the lint is coming from, you may not ever want to drink that water, the only lint I know of from underground is Asbestos, and I will leave this up to the water quality experts that frequent this forum.

Rancher

dart451

Reaction score
Hmmm, have a hard time believing this would be asbestos up here in the Gila Wilderness area...anyone know how to check this out without spending a wad of money? Thanks.

Bob NH

In the Trades
Reaction score
Hmmm, have a hard time believing this would be asbestos up here in the Gila Wilderness area...anyone know how to check this out without spending a wad of money? Thanks.

Collect some and dry it. Then apply moderate heat with a torch, or even a butane lighter or match. If it is consumed by the fire, then it is organic.

If it keeps its form, then it MAY be asbestos.

Other possibilities include that it is an insoluble material other than asbestos.