Need replacement for Munchkin

Users who are viewing this thread

Device8820

Reaction score
I have a 3-level 1800 sq ft house, built in 2003 with SIPS; originally, I shared a 80k BTU Munchkin with the other side of the duplex but they have gone to ASHP. I have concluded that the technology needed for our setup (in-slab heat lower level, fintube elsewhere), ie air to water heat pumps, is not ready for prime time here in the US.

I have a Manual J in hand, 25k btu meets the climate, this is verified by a energy consumption assessment (I wanted to do both as the Manual J gives me room by room but also has to necessarily make assumptions about insulation, leakage etc, although I did do a blower door as well). In any event, I cannot find any boliers with a low enough output. I understand that a modulating boiler can ramp down but unsure if that actually is the most efficient.

Are there any low output natural gas boilers out there??

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks