Need help with window box frame mold please

Users who are viewing this thread

jt1234

Reaction score
Remodeling a basement. Had to install a 12 inch window frame box to meet the new wall. Yesterday I noticed the top board of the frame developed a significant bow. I pulled the board out to replace and discovered a good amount of mold on it. My first thought was water some how was leaking on it from the outside of the house. Sprayed water all over the house for a good amount of time and found no leaks. I also pulled the side board off and there is some mold where it meets the window. Is it possible the moisture is developing from temperature change. There is a heat supply in the ceiling about 3 foot in front of the window. Any thoughts would be greatly appreciated.
2589D7C3-75CD-45B3-9618-83E9480D6E0C.jpeg
043C9EDF-E99E-4183-BA88-E3602B2E138B.jpeg

Last edited:
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks