Need help with settings on a Navien NHB-055

Users who are viewing this thread

MrCads

Reaction score
Hello there.
I have been searching high and low, like Breadstick Ricky, and I could not find an answer.
The boiler is set up in a 34x34 garage with radiant heat. Unfortunately, it runs off a room temp sensor. (Someone forgot to put in a slab sensor).
Anyway.... the boiler either runs at WOT or off. I started looking through the menus, and noticed, that this was not set up. For example- it's set to finned tube baseboard. All dip switches are in the off position, which does not allow the setting of the heating temperature. The system does have an outdoor temp sensor.
I could use some help with some of the settings. Is there a parameter that delays the system to cycle, every time I open the garage door? (Anti fast cycling time).
Can someone clarify where the dip switches 1 and 2 should be on the current setup? Currently, I'm not able to change the temperature, only on DHW, which seems irrelevant.

Sorry about the messy thread. Seems like a lot of questions, all at once.

Thank you!

John Gayewski

In the Trades
Reaction score
You have an outdoor reset and your not able to get it to modulate using input from the odr?

Sorry I'm not super familiar with the settings on this I'm just trying to clarify.

This may be a better question for Navien customer support if it's mainly a settings question.

MrCads

Reaction score
You have an outdoor reset and your not able to get it to modulate using input from the odr?

Sorry I'm not super familiar with the settings on this I'm just trying to clarify.

This may be a better question for Navien customer support if it's mainly a settings question.
That's pretty much it. It's either on or off. I can call their tech support, but I'm not putting my hopes up.

John Gayewski

In the Trades
Reaction score
That's pretty much it. It's either on or off. I can call their tech support, but I'm not putting my hopes up.
There could be someone here who is familiar or wants to dive into an online manual.

Fitter30

Reaction score
Page 48 6.1 dip switches ( unit not front panel) 1& 2 off normal operation. Have the outside temperature sensor?

MrCads

Reaction score
Page 48 6.1 dip switches ( unit not front panel) 1& 2 off normal operation. Have the outside temperature sensor?
I do have the outside temp sensor.
Also looked on that page, I'm just trying to understand it.

Fitter30

Reaction score
Outdoor reset is nothing more than water temp varying by outdoor temp. Example 70° outside boiler off setpoint 100°. 0° outside setpoint 170°. For every degree change outside water temp varies 1° . Thats just a example if your system need a wider range of water temp or smaller, more or less temperature change per degree control can make though changes.

MrCads

Reaction score
Outdoor reset is nothing more than water temp varying by outdoor temp. Example 70° outside boiler off setpoint 100°. 0° outside setpoint 170°. For every degree change outside water temp varies 1° . Thats just a example if your system need a wider range of water temp or smaller, more or less temperature change per degree control can make though changes.
Thank you! Is there a way to make the boiler run at idle and circulate after the heat off call?

John Gayewski

In the Trades
Reaction score
Thank you! Is there a way to make the boiler run at idle and circulate after the heat off call?
People sometimes do constant circulation which has its advantages. You might need to change your wiring.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks