Need help with irrigation well

Users who are viewing this thread

Banjo Bud

Reaction score
I have a Red Lion RLSP 150. It has no trouble pushing 7 sprinkler heads at 3 GPM each. I have 4 zones with 5, 5, 6, and 7 heads. I measured the pressure at install 6 years ago at 40 psi. It draws from a depth of 10’.

NPRhomeowner

Reaction score
So I went ahead and bought the pump the orange store had in stock. In doesn’t get great reviews and it’s not my long term choice - just something to test out this pipe. Is there anything I should caution before trying it? Will the pump burn out if the pipe doesn’t go to the well or if it’s no longer viable?

Banjo Bud

Reaction score
I’m not an expert but I’ll try to answer this. You can hook the suction side of the pump up to the pipe. Make sure the pipe and pump are full of water. (Primed). The output side of the pump doesn’t need to be hooked up to anything unless you simply want to direct it away from yourself etc. Turn the pump on. If it doesn’t suck water instantly, it’s not going to. That would mean either the pipe is not a well pipe OR it is a well pipe and the foot valve is shot. If that’s the case, I’m not sure how you’d replace it.

NPRhomeowner

Reaction score
E722CC1F-22C8-43F8-8E90-E098727D3D65.jpeg
C7F0049E-35C2-42B8-984B-F4E31348971A.jpeg

I’m back with a progress report. So I got the pump hooked up and no water. I traced that pipe back and it just t’s down further into the ground. I don’t know if I should keep digging or if it’s a safe bet that this isn’t a well. Thanks again everyone

NPRhomeowner

Reaction score
If it tees, it must be the pressure side of the line. But the well has to be somewhere. That’s a mystery.
It doesn’t tee. That wording was my mistake. It just elbows down into the ground. I may save the pump and use it as a booster for the service line. I think I was getting like 12-15 gpm at the hose bib and I’d like more so I need fewer zones.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks