Need help identifying old Grohe shower faucet and valve

Users who are viewing this thread

Snam

Reaction score
Can someone help identify this old Grohe shower faucet? Also, any ideas on how to remove the metal ring between the faucet and wall plate?
IMG_1448.jpg
IMG_1449.jpg
IMG_1451.jpg

TJRAD

Reaction score
This is the Grohe "Chiara" discontinued for about 20 years...the two dime size caps pull off the plate to reveal a 4mm or 5mm screw. This will give you access to the head unit, then the 4 bolts cover that retains the cartridge. There are two different styles of cartridges so you need to remove, and take it to you local plumbing store. Be careful because parts are no longer available. If you break something you will have to convert (with a few adapters) to a modern trim kit.
Chiara.jpg
Groherough.jpg

Snam

Reaction score
Thank you! I was able to take apart the shower and noticed that the plastic piece (3.1on the diagram) was broken in the center on the hot side. It looks like there was a spring pushing a plastic stopper against the "+" grid, so basically there is now a straight hole to the cartridge. I reassembled the unit back together and everything seems to be working fine and no leaks. Is there anything detrimental if I leave it the way it is?

TJRAD

Reaction score
No big deal if that check valve is removed from the center of the half moon teflon piece. Your good to go. Glad your up and running.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks