Need a good shower pan is cast iron the only option 60" x 36"

Users who are viewing this thread

Steve7878

Reaction score
I was hoping to get a Florestone brand composite pan. But they dont make in a 60" x 36" unless it is their fiberglass model.

Most other brands I have found dont have great reviews.

So far it seems the Kohler cast iron is my only options.

And suggestions appreciated.

Pland is to replace a fiberglass tub/shower. With a premade pan and then tile the walls.

Tuttles Revenge

In the Trades
Reaction score
We're installing an MTI shower pan today. They have lots of options. They make several that are tub replacements with the drain on the end where the tub drain would have been to minimize rough in work. When we order them, we specify which sides will have tiling flanges applied and we always have the fiberglass pans filled with foam from the factory, which makes setting them a lot easier once we start with a pre-leveled floor.

Also, found that Swanstone makes a 60x36 pan that would be comparable to the Florestone unit you were hoping to get.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks