Navien NR-240A-NG rattling / knocking sound from internal recirc. pump

Users who are viewing this thread

rlavs

Reaction score
Hi All,

I have a Navien NR-240A-NG installed by previous owner in 2013. We recently had issues with the water going from hot to luke-warm within a minute of turning it on.

Replacing the internal check valve near the pump fixed the issue, and for the past ~2 weeks all has been fine.

Last 2 days however, we've heard a knocking / rattling sound from upstairs and tracked it down to the water heater. The sound is coming from the pump area I worked on when replacing the check valve. Also, occasionally the hot water issue from before has returned.

Has anyone heard a sound like this before? Unsure if the pump is dying and it is coincidence, or if I need to dismantle and look at the check valve again...

Here's a link to a video with the sound in it.

Thank you!

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks