Navien NPE-240A Hot Button doesn't run long enough

Users who are viewing this thread

Mike415

Reaction score
~~SOLVED with details at the bottom~~

Quick Details
-California (Title 24 stuff?)
-Navien NPE-240A at 135F Out
-External Recirc Loop installed (Unclear how this is installed since it was done prior to me)
-New Hot Button and P.12 as 5min and P.16 as 500ft. (No Dip Switches are installed on my Hot Button board, but there is a location for it)

Issue
-Without Hot Button, In External mode - Works properly and runs about 5 minutes to get the In temperature up to 117F+.
-With Hot Button - Shuts off in early (in about 30 seconds) after getting In temp to about 109F, but then it should run for another 4.5 minutes to get from 109 to 117+.

I have seen others post about setting their Hot Button Dip Switch 2 to On to disable Energy Saver, but mine doesn't have dip switches, it just has solder location for the Dip Switch on the board.

Question
-Is Energy Saver my means to get this to run longer/hotter In?
-Should I try to solder the Dip Switch 2 pins together if so?

Update with the fix to help others:
-I went ahead and soldered Hot Button Dip Switch 2 together (No additional setting changes) and it now ran until In reached 126 (9F according to P.15)

Now I have my MHCOZY WiFi Relay on a schedule in the mornings and evenings using the Tuya Smart App and additional on demand control using Alexa/Google Home

Last edited:
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks