My pump stop working every time my water sprinkler start

Users who are viewing this thread

josemr8211

Reaction score
i don't know what it is but every time my water sprinkler star my well pump stop working
is being like this for the last year
I check the pressure and is at 38 and my sysntem run fro 40/60.

Reach4

Reaction score
If you have that situation, and use water in the house, does
  1. the water in the house work right away?
  2. after a while the pump turns on, and the sprinkler starts working?
If so, you have a check valve coming into your pressure tank and pressure switch. You have a tee before the check valve that sends water to the sprinkler.

Is this a submersible pump? If so, cure this by removing the topside check valve or removing its innards. Show us a picture of the check valve, the pressure switch, and the pipe coming from the well.

If not, show us a picture that includes your pump, the pressure switch, and the pipe coming from the well.

Valveman

Cary Austin
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
cyclestopvalves.com
If the pump normally cycles on and off while the sprinklers are running, you are probably tripping the overload in the motor. When used just for the house you are getting away with it for now. But if it has normally been cycling while the sprinklers were on, it gets to where it won't cycle on at all.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks