Moving pump on whirlpool tub?

Users who are viewing this thread

Daniel Wii

Reaction score
I have a jetted tub and the pump may be failing and is making all kinds of noise. It is accessible, but, of course, tight, and even when right makes a fair bit of noise. The area in the basement immediately below the tub is clear, and I'm wondering if I can simply plumb the jet inlet and outlet lines through the floor and put the pump in the basement (along with a drain fitting to drain the trapped water from the pump when desired/needed)? I've never seen such, but it would make pump maintenance much easier, and solve the noise problem significantly. Any insight?

ImOld

Octogenerian
Reaction score
Sounds like a good idea. Why don't you go ahead and do it and let us know how it turned out. Pictures would be nice.

Jadnashua

Retired Defense Industry Engineer xxx
Reaction score
On some, you can extend it out say into a closet to make servicing easier. That might make it quieter depending on the construction.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks