Mortar under tub

Users who are viewing this thread

DJR

Reaction score
I'm sure this has been hashed out somewhere but got tired of looking. Anyway. Is it ok to put the mortar in plastic bags and then put the bags under the tub?

Reach4

Reaction score
I'm sure this has been hashed out somewhere but got tired of looking. Anyway. Is it ok to put the mortar in plastic bags and then put the bags under the tub?
Yes.

Jadnashua

Retired Defense Industry Engineer xxx
Reaction score
Cement cures by incorporating the amount of water into its structure, and actually will be stronger if it has all it wants as long as it was mixed properly. You don't want excess, but mixing it properly, it will cure just fine if it stays damp...you don't want it to see lots of water during that curing process (like outside in the rain), but inside like you're talking about, no problem.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks