Moen Posi Temp Shower Cartridge Valve Plugged

Users who are viewing this thread

Reach4

Reaction score
Do I simply place my finger inside the barrel over each of the ports (H & C) to determine if the flow is there?
You may have stop valves in line with the inputs to the shower valve.

Reach4

Reaction score
@Reach4 Thanks for your insight! I did check and this valve doesn't have them. I wish it did actually! :) Have a great day!
Can you see the area feeding the shower valve? There could be separate stop valves. Some people have an access panel on the other side of the shower wall, especially if there is a linen closet there.

Toshbu

Reaction score
Can you see the area feeding the shower valve? There could be separate stop valves. Some people have an access panel on the other side of the shower wall, especially if there is a linen closet there.
This shower valve is on an exterior wall, covered in Stucco. No access panel. I can tell by looking at the valve through the shower, there are no stops on it. It is a basic 2510.

I've recently been to Fergusion and verified that the hole in the bottom of a standard posi-temp valves mixing chamber, leads first to the tub feed. If that is blocked, it will then flow upward to the shower arm. This confirms to me, the block must be in the path between the tub and shower.

I also found Moen has an oversized, oval trim kit which I will likely use if I have to replace the valve. This will allow me to cut the opening in the shower wall larger to accommodate the replacement repair.
20221019_221751035_iOS.jpg
20221019_221802167_iOS.jpg

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks