Moen Flo and Sense Guard Questions

Users who are viewing this thread

Jarniscipus

Reaction score
Hi all - I have a few questions about these water devices and I have searched many helpful threads here, but I have a few lingering questions:

Moen Flo:
I don't feel warm and fuzzy around the plastic union nuts that connect their device. I would be concerned afer 10-20 years of the nuts splitting or breaking. Should I be worried about this, also noting that they are plastic because the valve it connects to is plastic. I know a lot of water softeners use plastic unions and valves, so maybe this is a non issue - it just feels cheap on my all brass and copper installation I am doing.

Does anyone know if Moen upated the turbines and magnets that have caused so many negative reviews and failures? I read on some forums that replacement turbines are available now, but I can't find them on their website for sale. I tried calling, but don't have time to wait on hold with Moen for the rest of my day. I read that the turbines are about $10 and I would want to buy two extra ones with the Flo for peace of mind if the magnets corrode.

How does this work if it is installed before a water softener if the softener recharges on a metered time, not a fixed time. Does the Flo learn not to shut off when the softener discharges waste?

Grohe Sense Gaurd:
Seems to be made in Germany and more money than Flo for the device and sensors and the extra $100 for a 1" kit.. Any thoughts on whether it's worth paying more for this? I see brass in their valve and on their unions which is of interest. Does it perform better or break less? Reviews seem better than Flo, but there is less information online for this product.

Thanks!

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks