Mixet temperature control dial hard to move

Users who are viewing this thread

PNW21

Reaction score
Last year, I had to replace my shower control handle (it is acrylic and it was cracked). I bought a Mixet temperature and volume control (see photo), since this is what was on there. So far, I only replaced the cracked control knob and have not replaced the existing temperature dial. However, I am finding it hard to move the temperature dial more than 1/4 inch from the middle position. I have a feeling that replacing the temperature dial will not fix this issue; there must be another reason that it's not moving very much in either direction. Any thoughts?

Image2.jpg

Mr tee

In the Trades
Reaction score
People have a tendency to find a comfortable temperature and just leave the lever in one place. It wants to stay there by habit (corrosion etc.). The easiest solution is to change the. Cartridge.

Jadnashua

Retired Defense Industry Engineer xxx
Reaction score
Sometimes, if you take the cartridge out and put some silicone plumber's grease on things, it can free it up again...it's a cheap thing to try, but a new cartridge may be necessary.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks