Mitsubishi MSZ-GL18NA-U1

Users who are viewing this thread

steve agnew

...just a little more voltage please...
Reaction score
Installed a Mitsubishi MSZ-GL18NA-U1 minisplit, 18,000 btus/hr (1.5 tons) for a 530 sq.ft. shop. Had to buy a Pittsburgh gauge set and vac pump from Harbor Freight, but also needed a precision vacuum gauge, Testo 552, to measure leak rate better.

The install I chose placed flare connections behind the unit...this was a mistake. The connections leaked at first and there is no way to leak check until fully assembled, so this was a pain. I did end up getting my EPA HVAC tech 1 cert for $25 and reading the book and passing the test...to buy R-410a.

So...I learned a lot...and this is my first heat pump and it is really nice in winter and in summer...great unit...but do not be stupid and lose the controller...for some reason, controller replacements are problematic...

Fitter30

Reaction score
Mini split controllers (brand doesn't matter) have to be programmed to the board in the wall unit. One controller could fit 30 different units. Dry nitrogen is used to pressurized the system to 300 - 400 lbs and it sits in the system for 4 hours before evacuation.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks