looking for an indoor manual shallow well inline water pump to bypass electric jet pump in case of no power

Users who are viewing this thread

dean3690

Reaction score
I find plenty of pumps to stick on the well head and run by hand outside. Not too convenient in the winter in upstate NY if the power is out. Is there a good manual inline water pump that I can pipe in parallel to the jet pump in the basement and then just use valves to close off the jet and open up the lines for the manual pump to pump up the house system/expansion tank if there is a power failure?

Valveman

Cary Austin
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
cyclestopvalves.com
Pumping pressure into a pressure tank by hand is not an easy job. But I think Bison or one of those will pump into a pressure tank. Depending on how deep the water is you maybe able to use a 12V RV type pump and a car battery with a little solar charger. They will pump pressure and have a built in pressure switch.

Jet pump boosting from cistern with 12V backup.jpg

Fitter30

Reaction score
lp generator and a lp fireplace or stove for heat. 7k.peak generator run the fridge, well.pump, some lights, water heater, cook stove lp and tv, internet and a 5k window ac. Not all at once but have lost power for a week and we were comfortable.

Reach4

Reaction score
lp generator and a lp fireplace or stove for heat. 7k.peak generator run the fridge, well.pump, some lights, water heater, cook stove lp and tv, internet and a 5k window ac. Not all at once but have lost power for a week and we were comfortable.
LP does seem to have the advantage over gasoline.

dean3690

Reaction score
Well, I have a 275 gallon IBC in my basement that I could use as a cistern and then hook up an RV pump with pressure switch to a car battery (I can keep a deep cycle battery on a trickle charge I guess) that would allow pretty easy use if power goes out. I have LP gas, so a generator is a possibility as well. A hand pump in the well head with a hose could fill the cistern.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks