Looking for a plumber in Birmingham, AL to help run a 2,000 ft line

Users who are viewing this thread

aumfc

Reaction score
I don't know where else to look. I've asked around and haven't been able to get a recommendation. Before I start calling numbers off Google, I thought I'd try here. I've already talked to a few people in construction or plumbing and I have been told different things.

I built a house about 2,000ft away and up about 60-70ft from the meter at the street. A previous line was run to an old location using 1.5in PVC but was plagued with multiple leaks each year that were difficult to locate and repair. I don't want a repeat of that.

I want to talk to someone knowledgeable who can help me plan for running a new line. I don't want to make a mistake and have to redo it.

Any suggestions or recommendations are welcome.

Thanks.

Reach4

Reaction score
I suggest that you get polyethylene pipe installed. This could be SIDR pipe, which is usually connected onto barbs, and held with worm gear clamps. Or it could be a pipe that your person uses with compression fittings.

The pipe should snake in the trench some.

Consider if you want a yard hydrant or two along the path.

Also look at the available pressure at the meter. If the pressure is not high enough there, you will also add wires to power a booster pump.

You might check with a local supplier of long spools of poly pipe, and ask for a referral.

Jeff H Young

In the Trades
Reaction score
Id pick the brain at the water company, and look for local pipeline company maybe get referal. Thats a lot of footage Id want a valve every so many feet I think , So id run it through the water dept guy I dont know who the head guy an engineer or a top field hand just to bounce ideas Id concider Poly

Jeff H Young

In the Trades
Reaction score
You could run it yourself attention to detail . But specificaly I dont know any good hands in Alabama Youll have to look around local . I was thinking Id want a box every so often that I could Isolate and shut down for test every 200 or 400 foot if there was a leak I could run a temporary bypass untill I could find / fix the exact area maybey thats negative throwing a tee and a plug and shut off valve every so often . 2000 ft run would be longer than Ive ever ran underground . Maybe its crazy expensive to have a half dozen stations like that ? is all the piping on your property? would you ever want water in between the meter and 2000 foot to the house

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks