Looking for a gut check on pro plumbers work- photos!

Users who are viewing this thread

Reaction score
Everyone, I submitted some diagrams a while ago about a renovation, and you were all gave me some great advice. I submitted the plans, and they were approved. Then I hired a pro plumber to come in, he basically scrapped the plans and started over. Can you take a look at these photos and let me know if this is legit work?

This is 3,5 baths across 3 floors. Is that double sanitee/wye up to code? He doesn’t use hubs, he has these inserts to reduce sizing- is that legit?

Photos too big for site- here’s an Imgur gallery:

Breplum

Licensed plumbing contractor
Reaction score
IMGUR photos were a good trick.
Photo 8: is that a tee on its side? Tees are not allowed in the horiz. plane, only wyes and combos.
Vertical stack always needs good support to take care of weight/stress. All piping needs rigid support every 4 ft.
Presuming it is clear PVC cement?
Elbows with side tap are not allowed in UPC areas. Too much fouling at connections like that.

Reaction score
IMGUR photos were a good trick.
Photo 8: is that a tee on its side? Tees are not allowed in the horiz. plane, only wyes and combos.
Vertical stack always needs good support to take care of weight/stress. All piping needs rigid support every 4 ft.
Presuming it is clear PVC cement?
Elbows with side tap are not allowed in UPC areas. Too much fouling at connections like that.
Thanks- the elbow with side tap is also for venting, does that hep?

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks