Leather Cups Keep Failing

Users who are viewing this thread

Dave Benson

Reaction score
Starting to run into an issue with the leather cups leaking after replacing foot valves on jet pumps. Seems that for every 10 I do 3 to 4 fail. Is it the lack of quality in the parts these days? This is on a 2 inch with a Packer. Any advise would be appreciated.

Valveman

Cary Austin
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
cyclestopvalves.com
Starting to run into an issue with the leather cups leaking after replacing foot valves on jet pumps. Seems that for every 10 I do 3 to 4 fail. Is it the lack of quality in the parts these days? This is on a 2 inch with a Packer. Any advise would be appreciated.

They were probably lasting longer than the manufacturer wanted so they "fixed" it. Any changes to products these days are not to make stuff last longer but rather to sell more of them. Do the leathers look any different? Probably being made with Chinese leather instead of American. Lol!

Dave Benson

Reaction score
Some of the ones I have found are thicker. Problem I am running into is that some wells I have no issue and others are a nightmare. The depths have not changed. Also looking into using Open Spring Dogs but need information on the size of Neoprene washer/seal to use. No luck on any searches on the net. PIMA

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks