laundry room remodel

Users who are viewing this thread

Ricci

Reaction score
We purchased a home built in 1963. When we took possesion we found basement(lower level in split level) waterproofing issues which caused us to tear out the walls in the laundry room. While I working on the room I wanted to lay it out in a manor to maximize space since its only about 5' x 9'. In one of the walls i tore out it has the main stack for the upstairs. Here is what I have so far. I think my vent connections are over kill and can simply be 3 way but I will let you guys tell me. The sink on the left is new and the water softner use to feed into the washer drain with no air check. I am trying to do everything right and just want some help becuase this is the most complicated job I have handled. I am unsure if I have the 4 vents on the left connecting properly. I am sticking with 1 1/2" on sinks and water softner and using 2" on the washer. All venting will be 1 1/2".

Thanks in advance

Attachments

• plumbing.jpg
    plumbing.jpg
    41.6 KB · Views: 169
Last edited:

Ricci

Reaction score
o74mYqb.jpg

Here is what is in there now. It is all copper 1 1/2" on everything but the stack. The p trap is 2" from a recent remodel I assume. All connections are old 3 ways no tee/wye technology.

Last edited:

Terry

The Plumbing Wizard
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
terrylove.com
Washer 2" waste, 2" trap and 1.5" vent
Laundry sink, 2" waste, 1.5" vent, 1.5" p-trap
You can drain the water softener with the washer drain if there is an airgap before entering.

The sump would enter using a check valve. Not everywhere lets you pump ground water into a sewer system though.

Every trap needs a vent, somehow. Your drawing reverses some of the fitting directions.
Currently, on new work we use combo or wye fittings to vent if they are on their back. Santees on the vertical.

Ricci

Reaction score
Terry thank you! That "sump" is my bad handwriting and is a sink in the other room. Which connections do I have reversed? This is all great feed back thank you very much

Ricci

Reaction score
It is also probably hard to read my writing yet again but all the fittings on their back are combo tee-wye.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks