Kohler whirlpool, cracked intake

Users who are viewing this thread

Judd Maltin

Reaction score
I'm a dumbass. I let some plywood lean the against the piping of the whirlpool while I was prepping the deck.

When I fill the tub, the pump intake line leaks where it meets the tub. The tub is already glued down, hard but not impossible to reach the service side. I cannot see the actual failure point.

What would be the right disassembly and refit procedure? Or is there another way?

http://www.us.kohler.com/us/7242-72...athing/421273.htm?skuId=371274&brandId=656443

Looking at the very awesome CAD diagrams on the Kohler site, it seems the disconnect is between the suction flange and housing assembly. The gasket is wet. From the pictures, none of these parts seem threaded. They all must be glued.

I can't tell if the pieces are cracked, or just the joint between them.

Suggestions very welcome. :)

Yours fondly,
The Dumbass.

Last edited:
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks