Kohler K-4108 washlet / seat bidet

Users who are viewing this thread

BillyGoat58

In the Trades
Reaction score
Small contractor here in the NE Ohio area. Have fielded numerous requests for washlets and they always seem to pose a problem in installation. And this Kohler unit (K-4108) has proved to be no different. Generally, the problems (chasing leaks) seem to always occur at the T-valve and /or supply line fitting areas. This unit has a supply line from stop valve to T-valve, supply line from T to washlet and connection at top of T-valve to toilet (this last one being to a Kohler one-piece/skirted, K-78080/Reach). I'd love to hear any professionals solutions and / or tricks to installing these. Taping, torque at connections, etc. The T-valve connections have gaskets and are the usual trouble areas. As well, the fitting at the washlet (usually nylon), is always an issue -- never a cross-threading issue...always with the supply line's gasket. Again, I'd love to hear others solutions as I always dread when these are part of a remodel -- thank you!

k-4108-0.jpg

K-78-80-95.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

Terry

The Plumbing Wizard
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
terrylove.com
The 1058749 tee adapter doesn't need tape for the installation, It comes with a gasket to fit up to the fill valve, and the flex line to the seat will have it's own seals at the ends of the line.
If you're adding tape, please remove it all and start over.

k-4108-2.jpg

k-4108-3.jpg

k-4108-4.jpg

k-4108-5-connect-water-supply.jpg

k-4108-6.jpg

I normally lean on the seat with my forearm, and with the other hand catch the water from the spray nozzle.
The water won't turn on unless if feels weight on the seat.

k-4108-tile.jpg

Last edited:

BillyGoat58

In the Trades
Reaction score
Thank you for your reply Terry. Problem with these units is with the reliability of those gasketed connections. Leaks seem to be a given. And while I've not used tape, pastes, etc., I wonder if there's the need. Is it purely a matter of applying additional torque at those gasketed connections (flat flange)?

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks