Kohler Archer Drain PVC or Brass?

Users who are viewing this thread

BobbyE

Reaction score
I just ordered a Kohler Archer Tub for my bathroom remodel. I see they offer the drain assembly in both PVC and Brass, obviously the PVC is cheaper.

What do you guys prefer? The difference in price is not a concern to me if the brass is superior. I do have access to the drain from the basement, I know that code dictates glued PVC if there is no access to the plumbing.

Im looking to hear feedback from those who have used both drain materials and what they prefer.
Thanks!

Jeff H Young

In the Trades
Reaction score
Sch 40 PVC glue together are pretty bullet proof. the last brass Kohler I installed in 2021 was not impressive not sure the series. I always found the Kohler to be good very good but this one not so much.

Last edited by a moderator:

Tuttles Revenge

In the Trades
Reaction score
I prefer the PVC version. I've also installed the brass versions too and had great installs. But the PVC allows a lot more versatility in offsetting when conditions call for it. Also eliminating any slip joint connections is a big plus for me.

John Gayewski

In the Trades
Reaction score
Brass can rot in a drainage system. More so on a section that is subject to sewer gas. We prefer PVC.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks