It takes me 10 to 15 tries to flush my toilet

Users who are viewing this thread

Trump the Plumber

Reaction score
It takes me ten or fifteen times to flush my toilet. I don't know why the new toilets are so bad and why can't we go back to five gallon toilets? I try and try, but really? Ten times, fifteen times, why all this craziness about wasting water and water? I miss my old toilets. I miss them so bad, you know what I mean, right? My dad used to say, always he would say, I love flushing and watching the water spin and spin. We had an old one-piece and that thing used like ten gallons in one flush. One time I'm telling you! I miss that toilet.

index.php

don-the-plumber-03.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

Doug Hjellen

Reaction score
Fer sure you don't want to put baby wipes or condoms down your toilet. But seriously, have you thought of hiring a plumber that can fix that for you? And yes, I still think it's a good idea to keep stuff like baby wipes from being disposed of in the toilet.

Joe the Plumber

Pluumbing, of course
Reaction score
Fer sure you don't want to put baby wipes or condoms down your toilet. But seriously, have you thought of hiring a plumber that can fix that for you? And yes, I still think it's a good idea to keep stuff like baby wipes from being disposed of in the toilet.

I don' think he's doing that. Nobody would put baby wipes down a toilet, isn't that what waste baskets are for? I do think my man's exaggerating though. Ya know, just to make a point..........Maybe he flushes twice. He's a big guy.

Terry

The Plumbing Wizard
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
terrylove.com
Many new toilets will flush 2.2 pounds or 1,000 grams. I put pounds up there for those that don't use metric. I'm not in Canada, so I guess I'm not using metric either, but it is a nice way to measure between products where math makes sense instead of the way we line up pigs and horses and compare. They're not really the same. At least they don't look the same to me. Well..........they have four legs, I see that at least.

ms642-terrylove-01.jpg

This one flushes 800 grams says my four legged friend.

cst642-terrylove-06.jpg

And this one uses a Washlet, that means no need for baby wipes.
I think the new 1.28 gallon toilets are kicking it right now.

Here is what I"m doing with the old five gallon stuff that needed plungers.

Jadnashua

Retired Defense Industry Engineer xxx
Reaction score
The sorry thing about this sort of thing is that a search will bring it up as justification and confirmation of the fake problem. While the post may be humorous, it is detrimental to reality.

Terry

The Plumbing Wizard
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
terrylove.com
The sorry thing about this sort of thing is that a search will bring it up as justification and confirmation of the fake problem. While the post may be humorous, it is detrimental to reality.

Maybe it fools people that don't read. I installed a TOTO Drake ADA today in Seattle and the homeowner had never heard about Trumps statement about needing to flush 15 times. I was installing his third TOTO for him. His first two have been working great. He also mentioned he didn't bother with news. Me.......I'm stuck with it. My parents were very political and we read everything we could get our hands on. Conversation around the dinner table was often about court cases and how laws could be written to pass a supreme court test. Often those became laws in the city I grew up in, and 50 years later I read about those dinner table laws in the Seattle Times. They call them the Bellevue Laws. Maybe, but they were worked out over dinner with my parents. Did I mention that my father was a mayor of Bellevue and later a judge?

Just so people know though, the new 1.28 gallons toilets we're selling are a lot better than the old 5.0 and 3.5 toilets. You only need to flush once, and the water savings are noticeable on your water bill.
Places like Seattle where it rains in the Winter, sometimes has to ration water in the Summer. Some of that water we use is melting snow that may or may not last well into the Summer.

All of the new toilets "have" to flush with one flush or they can't be sold. They all get tested before they hit the market.

Last edited:

Dana

In the trades
Reaction score
I don' think he's doing that. Nobody would put baby wipes down a toilet, isn't that what waste baskets are for? I do think my man's exaggerating though. Ya know, just to make a point..........Maybe he flushes twice. He's a big guy.

Sure- he's a big guy, and completely full of...

It's a travesty that he simply can't be taken seriously, even when he's being serious. (How can you tell? Can he even tell?) He's done more damage to the R-party than left could have ever dreamed of...

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks