Is There Water?

Users who are viewing this thread

Paulsen

Reaction score
Hello.
I have a well that quit working many years ago during a severe drought. I suspect it should be operational again, but I haven't been successful with the simple prime it and run it approach. It is a submerged jet deep well. You can click this link for an imediate view of it http://www.black-hole.com/users/ericpaulsen/pump and to see the way it is hooked up.
Before I go any further, I would like to determine that there is water available. If I take the assembly on the top of the casing pipe apart can I drop a line with a weight on it down to check, or how do I go about it? I hope I don't have to go through all the set up and work of pulling the jet assembly/foot valve just to check if water is there at all.
Thanks!
Eric Paulsen

NHmaster3015

Master Plumber
Reaction score
If you do have water you are going to want to pull that old galvy up and replace it along with taking the jet apart and cleaning the rust and crap out of it. If the pump has been sitting for a long time it may be a lost cause also.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks