Irrigation pump, Question for the experts

Users who are viewing this thread

Kurt Kreassig

Reaction score
Recently purchased house built in 1980 and crawl has two shallow well pumps but I cannot understand the configuration.

1. Each shallow well pump was connected to a separate 2" well line
2. Pump 1 had a 1" line labeled supply running behind the wall
3. Pump 2 had a 1" line labeled Ret/Dis running behind the wall and this line was also connected to what appears to be a 1" well line in the ground.
4. Both pumps set up as shallow well pumps

- One pump was deteriorated along with pressure tank- I keep it but is needs work and it is disconnected and I capped the 2" well pipe it was connected to.
- The other 1 hp pump - I set up as shallow well pump connected to 2" well line. I get some water - but sporadic and difficulty holding prime (not using tank). PVC seals are tight.

My question is - the smaller 1" line that is sunk next to the two 2" well lines.......is that actually for a deep water well set up? Currently it is not connect to anything now - but is was connected to the broken pump at one time.

So the bottom line - coming up from the sand in my crawl - I have two 2" well lines and one 1" line all right next to each other.....what's the set needed if I only want 1 pump for irrigation?

Any help is appreciated.

Kurt

WorthFlorida

Clinical Trail 5th session completed 4/24/24.
Solutions
Reaction score
Jet pumps use two lines down the well. Where the jet is down in the well and the pump is above ground. Can be used for deep well or shallow well. At the time maybe that what was all available The return line down to the jet could have been 1" and the suction side will be larger, maybe 1 1/4". 2" may be was put in latter after the pump was changed?

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks