Installing a K-304 Kohler Rite-Temp bath & shower valve.

Users who are viewing this thread

Terry

The Plumbing Wizard
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
terrylove.com
Anyone have any thoughts regarding this… need help before I make a major mistake lol.

Hope this helps.. by the way, tub spout is primarily for testing the water before turning on the shower head so lower volume there is ok. So I guess my main question is should I flip the main 304 valve upside down to increase flow to 728 3 way transfer valve and if so do I need to do anything else besides flipping the cartridge too? Looking at the 304 valve i do see that the bottom port does have a slightly larger diameter discharge hole than the the “top” hole. Also would 3/4” pex “expansion” be ok for tub spout or is copper/brass mandatory?
I’m now wondering if doing things this way will create a problem with water flow diverting down to the tub spout if I use volume controls on shower head or hand sprayer… would that back pressure be allowed to exit at tub spout or how does that work?? (OCD at its finest lol)

Hi Terry, can you still help me? I could sure use some experienced opinions about my situation..
I don't think the K-304 is the right mixing valve for what you're trying to do. I notice that the K-728 takes a 3/4" input, and the K-304 is restricted at the top of the valve. It would be undersized for what you're trying to add to the valve.

Can you add a new post/question in the shower/bathtub section so that we're just addressing your situation?

Information on Kohler Master Shower

https://www.kohler.com/en/search?keyword=master+shower

Last edited:
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks