Hydro jetting SDR 35 pipe

Users who are viewing this thread

Kevin121

Reaction score
Hello all, I have 4" SDR 35 drainage pipe buried under down for my roof's downspouting from gutters. I recently noticed a couple larger rocks at the drain end (where it daylights). My father in law borrowed a snake camera from his work and we looked inside the pipe and we see some areas where our downspouting wyes that tie into the pipe have an accumulation of rocks, most are probably 1-1/2" big or so. I believe they got in there when our foundation wall was backfilled from construction and came in from the vertical risers for the downspouting. The pipe itself looks to be in good condition and does not appear to be crushed.

I talked with a local guy with Roto Rooter and he recommended doing a hydro-jetting of the pipe to clear the rocks out. Is there any concerns with hydro jetting thin wall SDR 35 pipe? This pipe is buried down 8 feet so I don't want to cause more harm than good in doing this. If these method is not advisable, then what would you recommend using?

Thanks in advance.

John Gayewski

In the Trades
Reaction score
Hydro jetting should be fine. There are different levels of power available for this. I think you would want something below the max which can get very powerful. Your pipe should be supported by earth and therfore not much risk of cracking. A bladed snake would worry me more than hyrdo jetting.

Kevin121

Reaction score
Hydro jetting should be fine. There are different levels of power available for this. I think you would want something below the max which can get very powerful. Your pipe should be supported by earth and therfore not much risk of cracking. A bladed snake would worry me more than hyrdo jetting.
Thanks John!

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks