How to wire this motor?

Users who are viewing this thread

Datboi

Reaction score
hello, I have this fan I opened up, I accidentally broke detached 2 wires. how can I figure out how to connect them? I don't have a lot of experience with working on brushless motors like this.

datboi-01.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

WorthFlorida

Clinical Trail 5th session completed 4/24/24.
Solutions
Reaction score
It's a run or start capacitor and it does seem it is a table fan from the picture. They are two or three speed and with only two wires you probably have a single or two speed motor. Here is a simple diagram but for table top small motors you will not have two capacitors nor a centrifugal switch. This is for a larger motors such as pump motor. Look for any crimp connections for the hot wire after the switch and one on the neutral side. Since I see a straight piece of tinted copper it is from a crimp connection and not a twisted wire nut.

That white stub of plastic, it that a switch for on/off operation?

1658718531093.png

Datboi

Reaction score
It's a run or start capacitor and it does seem it is a table fan from the picture. They are two or three speed and with only two wires you probably have a single or two speed motor. Here is a simple diagram but for table top small motors you will not have two capacitors nor a centrifugal switch. This is for a larger motors such as pump motor. Look for any crimp connections for the hot wire after the switch and one on the neutral side. Since I see a straight piece of tinted copper it is from a crimp connection and not a twisted wire nut.

That white stub of plastic, it that a switch for on/off operation?

View attachment 85200
yep that stub is the on-off for making the fan spin left and right.

i really wanna learn to re-wind these motors but it doesn't seem that simple. these fans are quite cheap so great to experiment on

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks