How do I take off this well seal?

Users who are viewing this thread

Martin_Meyers

Reaction score
I am planning on replacing the pump on this well. It's about 150 feet deep. I'm assuming I unscrew the union, loosen the four nuts and pull up? Should I assume it's PVC to the pump? If so, what do you do as you're pulling it up? Do you cut the PVC every ten feet or so? I will probably just use poly to the new pump. Thanks,

IMG_20210531_092833391_HDR.jpg

Last edited:

Valveman

Cary Austin
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
cyclestopvalves.com
Do not remove the nuts on the well seal or the bolts will fall in the well. Loosen the nuts and lift the well seal at the same time as pulling the pipe. And yes it is plastic pipe as that is a sch 40 tee on top. You should use poly, or PVC sch 80 or 120 threaded and never glue pipe down the well. You can probably pull all the pipe out of the well without disconnecting it. Just don't bend it too much at the top and it won't break at the couplings. Keep a big arc coming out of the well and have someone take the well seal 150' across the yard. Put it back in the same way. Put it all together in the yard and bend it over and drop it in the well.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks