Hotwater connection Copper to ABS. Problem?

Users who are viewing this thread

worrywell

Reaction score
I will like to let all those that helped me that I opened the wall to inspect the problem. No pipes were leaking.There was moisture inbetween the shower cavity of the shower stalls. The moisture was located on the bottom. The problem is the water is leaking through the grout and tile and into the walls and shower pan to the first ceiling. The greenboard will be removed and Durlock cement boards will be installed and waterproofed with Redgard and retiled and regrouted. This should solve water from penerating to the shower pan and walls.

Do you agree that installing the durlock boards all around the shower stall, waterproof and retile/regrout will correct the water from penerating through the grout and tile?

Thanks all,

Jadnashua

Retired Defense Industry Engineer xxx
Reaction score
Redgard is a good product. If the pan is built properly, everything should be fine. When using Redgard, you need to use the alkalai resistant mesh tape and mud the joints prior to installation of the Redgard. Unlike a drywall joint, you don't want any buildup. Don't worry about fully bedding the tape, just fill the gaps. If you end up with a hump, it becomes a pain to get the tile to lay flat.

Check out www.johnbridge.com for help with the tiling and prep work.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks