Hot water recirculation and anti-scald downstream of crossover

Users who are viewing this thread

Gips

Reaction score
In an upstairs bathroom, we have two sinks, a tub, and a shower. Main hot and cold come up under the sinks with T's to the faucets. They continue to an anti-scald valve, then to hot and cold tub faucets (T's) and finally to a shower with a thermostatic valve. I installed a Watts recirculating pump at the water heater in the basement and a crossover at the sink just before the anti-scald. We do get warm water at sinks and shower, but at the tub, we really can't control the temp when mixing hot and cold. I hear a thunk if I quickly open the hot faucet on the tub, so I suspect the anti-scald is doing something. Do I need check valves in here somewhere? Would it work if I put a recirculating put right at that last sink on the run rather than using the pump at the water heater and the crossover at the sink?
The only place I have easy access to plump in something else is between the first and second sinks.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks