Hose fill line with valve connected to water supply line.

Users who are viewing this thread

Mikejc

Reaction score
Hello, I have a large bucket that is about 12 feet away from a sink that I fill daily. I would like to connect a hose to the cold line in the picture and place a on/off valve on it to make it easier to fill the bucket every day. Is this feasible? What hose and valve would you recommend? Thanks everyone!

Attachments

• new picture.jpg
    new picture.jpg
    98.9 KB · Views: 46

John Gayewski

In the Trades
Reaction score
Cut the pipe and install a double outlet stop. The length of hose that goes on a 3/8" compression stop may be limited to 30". I don't think I've seen longer than that really available. But you could do a double stop that has 3/8" and 1/4" outlets and there are very long 1/4" compression hoses available. After that you'd just need a 1/4" compression by 1/4" compression valve.

One thing I'll caution, these hoses and stops aren't made for daily use. So this whole plan might be ill advised.

Why not get a hose adapter for the faucet? That adds another layer of safety as your hose isn't connected to line pressure 24/7 and it's controlled by the faucet.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks