Hose bibb through stucco skirting wobbles

Users who are viewing this thread

Ednamae

Reaction score
I have a copper pipe and hose bib that pokes through stucco skirting on a pier and beam house. It isn't affixed to anything so it moves when I attach a hose, etc. What is a good way to stabilize the pipe? I was thinking a metal ring/escutcheon glued to the stucco and caulked. Is there a better way? Thanks so much!

John Gayewski

In the Trades
Reaction score
I have a copper pipe and hose bib that pokes through stucco skirting on a pier and beam house. It isn't affixed to anything so it moves when I attach a hose, etc. What is a good way to stabilize the pipe? I was thinking a metal ring/escutcheon glued to the stucco and caulked. Is there a better way? Thanks so much!
A picture would be nice

Jsmallberries

Reaction score
That one looks like it will work best if the pipe is not very far out or if you can push the pipe/spigot back against that plate and screw the hose bib into the plate. In my area with block/stucco, the copper extending through the wall is fixed. I suppose you can use it with a gap in between the hose bib and plate if it's not too far out.

Here is another item sold ( Bibb Buddy looks cleaner)

Might be best if not used in a very visible area. Found this photo online while looking for one for myself.

Looks like it works better from the inside , if that's an option
Customer image

Last edited:
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks