Horizontal pressure tank tee manifold location

Users who are viewing this thread

Jdhughen

Reaction score
For a number of space/size reasons, I'm going with horizontal style diaphragm pressure tanks in my system. I'm assuming that since the tank is pressurized that the vertical height of the Tee manifold and drain valve would not matter so my plan was to keep it level with the connection to the tank. But since I'm a newbie I thought it better to ask someone more knowledgeable than I upfront if there any reason I should mount the Tank Tee manifold and drain valve lower than the tank?

thanks
Joel

Valveman

Cary Austin
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
cyclestopvalves.com
For a number of space/size reasons, I'm going with horizontal style diaphragm pressure tanks in my system. I'm assuming that since the tank is pressurized that the vertical height of the Tee manifold and drain valve would not matter so my plan was to keep it level with the connection to the tank. But since I'm a newbie I thought it better to ask someone more knowledgeable than I upfront if there any reason I should mount the Tank Tee manifold and drain valve lower than the tank?

thanks
Joel
No, but horizontal tanks are the worst. The bladders touch the tank sides and wear out quickly. You can use a vertical tank with a diaphragm that doesn't touch the sides and will take up less room than a horizontal tank. When using a Cycle Stop Valve the tank only needs to be 4.5 gallon size and can fit just about anywhere.

PK!A customer photo.jpeg

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks