Honeywell thermostat function/comparison charts.....

Users who are viewing this thread

Rfsmith48

Reaction score
Folks,

We just had a new Lennox furnace installed. It has a 2 speed fan.
The fan necessitated a thermostat upgrade for the new fan system.
Previous Tstat: RTH8580WF1007: WIFI thermostat that I installed about 6 years ago.
New Tstat: T6 Pro Thermostat: Programmable.

I would like to replace the T6 Tstat with the equivalent Honeywell Model with WIFI.

Can someone point me in the right direction?

Thanks,

Rog

Fitter30

Reaction score
Model of furnace? Most older gas and electric furnaces are two speed. Hi speed for ac and medium for heat with two more speeds for if the the system needs fine tuning ( 4 speeds). A lot of the newer furnaces have a electronically commutated motors which are variable speeds are set on a board in the furnace. Do you have the install manual? They might list a thermostat for that furnace.

Rfsmith48

Reaction score
The furnace is a Lennox SL280UHV.
Install instructions state: "...is compatible with any Lennox communicating thermostat. Or, Non-communicating thermostats - ComfortSense or other conventional thermostats."
Not a lot of help (For me).
I would like to use a Honeywell WIFI tstat.
Thanks,
Rog

Fitter30

Reaction score
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks