Help Needed with Leaky Outdoor Faucet

Users who are viewing this thread

heldmacm

Reaction score
You may be able to just unscrew the valve you have and screw on a new valve but it could be sweated on and that is more difficult. If you can find another valve just like you have or almost like the one you have then the stem in the new valve might work in the old valve body that you have. Just take the guts out of the new valve and put them in the existing valve body. You may only need that bonnet nut that you broke.

I already have the old valve unscrewed, so that shouldn't be an issue. If I were to buy the item you linked from Lowe's, would removing that stem not work in my existing valve body, and does that item not include the bonnet nut to replace the one I broke, or were you suggesting to use the bonnet nut from the new one along with otherwise all my existing parts?

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks