Help me ID roman bath faucet fixture (mid-90s construction)

Users who are viewing this thread

Tcmdmba

Reaction score
Can anybody help me identify this roman tub faucet? The house was built in 1994. The other bathrooms have been updated with Moen fixtures. This roman tub and the two matching lavatory faucets don't appear to have brands anywhere. I have an easy time believing they were some cheap contractor grade something.

I can replace the sink faucets, of course, because I have access underneath. But without a major hassle, my only real option is to get new trim for the roman bathtub.
roman tub-1.jpg
roman tub-2.jpg

Attagirl

Reaction score
This looks very much like ours. I just posted a message looking for same information. I don't see my message posted but here's a photo. I have a receipt that says MAAX Passion 4 pc deck faucet. Model 100612-036-088. The taps wouldn't turn off. Our plumber thought it was Baril and we got replacement cartridges (twice) but they failed. We bought ours in 2004. MAAX says they don't make faucets.
guest-faucet-2.jpg

Last edited:

Tcmdmba

Reaction score
If you look carefully you can see that the installer cut down the stem.

The roman tub filler is attached with simple 1/2 IPS threads.

The spout itself is has female threads. The male thread pipe extends above the tiles no more than 1/4" of an inch. I'm not sure what luck I'm going to have finding a replacement tub spout. I can't find anybody who makes roman (deck-mounted) tub spouts with simple 1/2 IPS threads. I don't know if I can screw on an attachment that will accept another brand's coupler, or not.

Attagirl's, even more than mine, looks like "Elements of Design" and "Kingston Brass" tub fillers, as available on build.com.

(I will have to cut out tile to create an access panel. I don't have the luxury you have of being able to access below the tub deck.)

16-spline.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

Attagirl

Reaction score
If you look carefully you can see that the installer cut down the stem.

The roman tub filler is attached with simple 1/2 IPS threads.

The spout itself is has female threads. The male thread pipe extends above the tiles no more than 1/4" of an inch. I'm not sure what luck I'm going to have finding a replacement tub spout. I can't find anybody who makes roman (deck-mounted) tub spouts with simple 1/2 IPS threads. I don't know if I can screw on an attachment that will accept another brand's coupler, or not.

Attagirl's, even more than mine, looks like "Elements of Design" and "Kingston Brass" tub fillers, as available on build.com.

(I will have to cut out tile to create an access panel. I don't have the luxury you have of being able to access below the tub deck.)
thanks for the tip, don't mean to take over your thread.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks