Help identify shower valve body

Users who are viewing this thread

Rocknroj

Reaction score
Cannot tell what I have in this rental I purchased. The trim is loose and not much luck finding an allen that will fit.. I assume that if I can identify I can find the right size tool. Thanks in advance... Why do not the manufacturers stamp their products anyway??

Got the handle off (finally) and some more pics. The stops are non functional and in fact the cold water side starts to leak if I tighten it. Took a guess that it was a glacier bay/aquasource and picked up a 2.5mm allen to get the handle off and it fit.

I would like the stops to work but not sure if they are repairable. I tried a quarter turn, half turn, and full clockwise with absolutely no effect on the water flow. At near full clockwise the cold water side starts to leak.

shower_valve1.JPG

View attachment 95251
valve2.jpg
valve4.jpg

Last edited:

Reach4

Reaction score
You could replace the screw. Or you could tighten the screw by grabbing the screw between the trim and the bronze with a small locking pliers. Turn.

If instead you grab the end of the screw, that would work to tighten. However that could make it harder to replace the screw if you wanted to. I guess you could cut off the end with the buggered threads.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks