Help ID shower valves, please

Users who are viewing this thread

crazee_an

Reaction score
Hi, we recently bought a house where the bathrooms were remodeled 4 years back. All bathroom fixtures are in chrome finish, and we are looking to replace them with nickel finish. We are looking for help in IDing the two shower valves (one is Grohe, the other is Delta), and any info on how do we go about finding shower trims that match these. Any help will be appreciated, thanks!

Attachments

• Delta.jpg
    Delta.jpg
    51.7 KB · Views: 206
  • Grohe.jpg
    Grohe.jpg
    52.9 KB · Views: 198
  • Grohe2.jpg
    Grohe2.jpg
    46.7 KB · Views: 210

WorthFlorida

Clinical Trail 5th session completed 4/24/24.
Solutions
Reaction score
Look at the manufacturer's website for shower & bath trim's. Each model should show the different finishes available. With that you get a part number and then search on that part number.

crazee_an

Reaction score
Thanks for your reply. It looks like Delta one is universal - so we can use any. My plumber removed the trim for Grohe so that we can see the valve directly. I can't seem to find any valve on their website that matches it. Any idea what it may be?

Attachments

• Grohe-inside.jpg
    Grohe-inside.jpg
    44.4 KB · Views: 199

Marlinman

In the Trades
Reaction score
Something is not right. The Grohe trim has escutcheon screws at 9 o-clock and 3 o-clock. The import valve shown will have the escutcheon screws on the diagonal. The valve cartridge shown can be found search "IMP7021". If this is the valve in your wall let us know. I'm sure B\N trim can be located.

imp_8021.jpg

crazee_an

Reaction score
Wow, you are a genius! You found it! I must have scoured Google for 10 hours yesterday.

This is so weird. Previous owners remodeled the bathroom but put a non-matching valve cartridge and trim. I am getting inclined to just change out the valve/cartridge too. What do you recommend?

Marlinman

In the Trades
Reaction score
I would look for a trim for the existing valve that you like. If that cannot be found then the valve change-out. You have a large opening in your wall for access. If a change-out is done make sure you look the specs of the new one to be sure the opening in the wall is covered.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks