Hall bath remodel, questions regarding PEX, toilet move,etc.

Users who are viewing this thread

Chris Fox

Reaction score
Hello, back from a 4-5 year hiatus on home projects.
Stating a bathroom remodel, remove tub add shower, move toilet and tiling walls/floors.

I am adding a fixed glass partition between toilet and shower head, so reaching in to the shower to turn on getting it was suggested to move the valve to long wall. I will be using PEX but would like to get suggestions n how to run PEX through the 2x6 and the corner wall using corner rounds etc..?

Not sure yet these studs are load bearing. The bath wall runs down the center of the home at the high pitch of the roof. Is there an option with out chipping away on the edge of the stud. One thought I had was to feed without corner rounds and feed a tool through the 1/2" gap to flex back into the perpendicular stud. The 2x6 should give enough radius to avoid hose kink?

thanks in advance

Attachments

• shower valve move pic.jpg
    shower valve move pic.jpg
    52.1 KB · Views: 964
  • shower valve move.JPG
    shower valve move.JPG
    27.9 KB · Views: 238

Terry

The Plumbing Wizard
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
terrylove.com
I would drill 1-3/8" holes or larger for the PEX to wrap through in the corner.
Drilled in the right spots the pipe will bend without the kink.
My normal drill size has always been 1-3/8" which fits anything up to 1" pipe and works with pipe inserts.

Chris Fox

Reaction score
Thanks Terry.
When you write pipe inserts you're referring to insulators?

23074A10_3.png

I am used to using shark bite for the limited PEX work I have done in the past more with copper pipe. I have Sharkbite connectors on hand which I would like to use simply because of cost. I am not ruling out on PEX fitting and invest in crimping tool if there is good reason to do so. Sharkbite warranty for 25yrs but...

Chris Fox

Reaction score
Question regarding slab back fill. After I add in the P trap and position the drain line for offset Kerdi tray I need to back fill.
1. The hole is about 12" square, is it necessary to add in rebar pins for the size of a hole?
2. Gravel file below the p trap, pack leave about 2-3" base add plastic layer then fill with redi mix and screed?

thank you

Attachments

• back fill.jpg
    back fill.jpg
    115.2 KB · Views: 213
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks