Gutter guard and heavy rain

Users who are viewing this thread

Paulsiu

Reaction score
Because there are a lot of trees in my yard, In certain parts of the year, I am constantly trying to clean out the gutters, otherwise my gutter fills up and water starts pouring out the side of the gutter. This eventually cause the sump pump to run continuously if the gutters are clogged. Worse yet, rain storm has become heavier in the past couple of years. I now pools of water everywhere.
My gutters were damaged recently and I am in the process of getting them replace. I was thinking about gutter guards, but wonders if they will actually make things worse. I am going to get larger gutters because I have a very steep roof, which cause the water to run into the gutter at a very high velocity. To prevent spillover, I decided to replace my gutter with wider gutters I thought about gutter guard the vendor said they carry Shur Flo and Raindrop. The Shur Flo appears to be a aluminum sheet with holes in it. The Raindrop appears to be a plastic grate. After examining the grate, I am wondering how it will work in a really heavy rainstorm like close to 5 inch an hour? is the water going to start rolling over the gutter guard and into my foundation?
Paul