Grohe kitchen pull-out spout leak. Water in the cabinet below.

Users who are viewing this thread

Terry

The Plumbing Wizard
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
terrylove.com
I get calls for water in the cabinet below on the kitchen sink often. Sometimes it's just a matter of tightening up the spray head onto the hose. Sometimes it is the hose that has gone bad and needs a replacement. This is one of those stories you can tell your grand kids about. The story of the leaking Grohe 46.092000 replacement hose.

pull-out-spout-grohe-1.jpg

I pulled the spray portion out and checked it's snugness at the connection. A bit loose but good enough to catch the seal. The hose itself was leaking badly though, and when it was put back in the holster, bound to leak like a penguin going for a swim.

penquin-on-ice.jpg

pull-out-spout-grohe-2.jpg

I quickly made a phone call and jumped into my galloping Chevy van to my supplier in the South end of Seattle, passing many slow cars on my way. I picked up a Grohe 46.092000 replacement hose, made for Europlus and Ladylux faucets. Driving back I thought of all the times that birds flew back and forth and barely missed my van. Very smart I figure, and skilled.

Getting back I pulled down on the green portion which releases the hose from the bottom faucet connection. Letting the spring off, I then threaded on the new hose to the spray end, dropped it back into the holster, fitting the white piece and the spring, and made up my connection. A bird flew by the window and winked at me. Everything was perfect with the world at that moment. :)

Last edited:

Tony Busta

Reaction score
I too have a Grohe Kitchen pull out hose with a leak. The leak is at the attachment of pull out hose to copper pipe. It is not a quick connect but appears to have been soldered as are the supply lines. Connector now moves up and down with water leaking out top where solder is not longer in place. Wondering if it's cost effective to have connection repaired or to simply replace entire faucet?

Attachments

• kitchen hose.jpg
    kitchen hose.jpg
    97.8 KB · Views: 866

Jadnashua

Retired Defense Industry Engineer xxx
Reaction score
My 20-year old Grohe ended up with a crack in that black plastic piece with the green ring. Note, that adapter contains the flow restrictor that makes the thing legal, so you should match a new one with the same color (I think there are three-four versions, with one of them unrestricted). A quick simple, inexpensive repair assuming yours is built that way.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks