Grohe 34.346 Recognize this brand? Temp adjust needed.

Users who are viewing this thread

Phil Woo

Reaction score
Trying to figure out how to take this temperature control handle off so I can adjust the hot water limits to this shower. Any advice? I don't see any hex key type of clamp, nor a place to pry open with a screwdriver. I figure if I can identify the name brand maybe I can lookup instructions?

IMG_8181.jpg
IMG_8183.jpg
IMG_8185.jpg

Phil Woo

Reaction score
Thanks so much, even though it looked like one piece, the cap actually screwed off. Now I'm down to bare bones pipe and the control valve. Can't seem to figure out how to change water flow from each temp. Is it the hex screws in this valve off to each side? I tried the bottom ones with no effect.

IMG_8186.jpg

Jadnashua

Retired Defense Industry Engineer xxx
Reaction score
The only thing you can do with a thermostatically controlled valve is calibrate it so that when it says, for example, 105, it actually is 105. That procedure is specific to each cartridge.

Jadnashua

Retired Defense Industry Engineer xxx
Reaction score
TO throw another thing in the pot...at least with my Grohe, thermostatic valve, there is a safety stop at 105, but there's a button you can press to raise it above that point. But, if it's properly calibrated, I've not found it useful to go above that point unless I'm trying to warm up a tub full of water that cooled off. Without an obvious override, you might have to push or pull the knob while turning to see if it will go above 105.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks