Gap filling PVC adhesive?

Users who are viewing this thread

Syncman

Reaction score
Replacing a tub with shower. The drain is in a hole in the concrete floor. Managed to remove the elbow and left with a short piece of pipe sticking up. However. the pipe got kind of mangled with all the sawing, chiselling, and gouging it took to remove the elbow. If i go any further. the whole P trap is going to need to be replaced. My concern is that regular PVC cement wont "fill" all the grooves and gouges, leaving a slow leak. Is there abetter adhesive? I was lucky in that the drain is more to the middle of the area so i don't want to have to cut concrete..

Syncman

Reaction score
upload_2021-7-14_10-46-39.jpeg

Syncman

Reaction score
So i was looking for some way to clean the end of the pipe. However if i cut off the pipe at the fitting i can ream it out. So my question now is that 1 1/2" schedule40 is 1 1/2" ID. 1 7/8" OD. Do i buy the 1 1/2" reamer? to make a 1 7/8" hole?

Reach4

Reaction score
So i was looking for some way to clean the end of the pipe. However if i cut off the pipe at the fitting i can ream it out. So my question now is that 1 1/2" schedule40 is 1 1/2" ID. 1 7/8" OD. Do i buy the 1 1/2" reamer? to make a 1 7/8" hole?
I doubt your numbers for schedule 40 dimensions. Where did you come up with those?

For cleaning the inside, I would think emery paper or other abrasive paper.

wwhitney

In the Trades
Reaction score
Reamers are labeled by nominal pipe size, so you buy the Schedule 40 1-1/2" pipe reamer. Reach4's point was that 1-1/2" Schedule 40's ID is 1.59" and OD is 1.9", so if you went off 1-1/2" and 1-7/8" for something that mattered, you'd have trouble.

Cheers, Wayne

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks