Freezing washing machine

Users who are viewing this thread

Rsmith99

Reaction score
We are going through about a week of 5 degree or less temperatures.
I have the heat turned up, space heaters running, and faucets dripping.
But my cold water line to my washing machine keeps freezing.
Is there a way to hook up the water lines so I could drip them? I don’t want to have to keep disconnecting them every night.

Thanks.

Eman85

Reaction score
Is the line in an unheated area? Any insulation around it? If it's accessible you could try heat tape.

Rsmith99

Reaction score
My house was replumbed in the attic. The washer is on an outside wall. The pipes have foam insulation and about 18” of blown insulation on top.

I just need a way to drip the faucets when not in use, but still be able to wash clothes when needed. Repeatedly disconnecting and reconnecting the lines can’t be good for the connections.

Jeff H Young

In the Trades
Reaction score
you mean like
We are going through about a week of 5 degree or less temperatures.
I have the heat turned up, space heaters running, and faucets dripping.
But my cold water line to my washing machine keeps freezing.
Is there a way to hook up the water lines so I could drip them? I don’t want to have to keep disconnecting them every night.

Thanks.
You mean putting tees on the hoses and with valve andthen run garden hose to to a sink or floor drain? sure that works kinda hokey but if thats what you want entirely possible and easy to build. easy as pie!

Rsmith99

Reaction score
Yes, it would kinda hokey. I guess a quick partial fill every couple of hours will have to do.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks