Found a 1/4" broken pipe glued in at base of 2" PVC well

Users who are viewing this thread

southT

Reaction score
While clearing brush on a new property, I found a 2" PVC well. The 2" casing runs 25' deep. I dropped in an endoscope to the bottom of the 2" casing and found a 1/4" PVC glued in. It looks like a 2" -> 1/4" reducer. The 1/4" pipe is broken off close to the reducer. The water level is about 20' deep.

Does anyone know what this 1/4" pipe is for, and can I make a working well out it? I have been searching online for weeks about this 1/4" pipe and cannot find any clues.

Fitter30

Reaction score
Are there pipe threads at the top? Thinking they were using high pressure water to make a well. Was there water in the bottom? Full length of steel pipe is 21' could fit it with a riser clamp and screwed coupling possibly break the end off to get a sand point down.
youtube.com/watch?v=3pOSzBgB8WU

Reach4

Reaction score
Are the center axes of the 1/4 inch pipe and reducer both vertical?

Does the reducer totally span the ID of the casing?

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks